Good Start Oatmeal1. Start with your bowl of oatmeal prepared to your liking. (I used half a cup of oats, stirred in one cup of water, and microwaved for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. But slow-cooked or steel cut oats would work, too.)
2. Add in any of the following for extra antioxidant benefits (or more, if you have favorites):
• raw almonds
• dried cranberries
• chunks of dark chocolate (80% or more is the best)
• drizzle with agave nectar
Simple Quesadilla Plate (with mango and avocado)1. Pan grill your quesadilla. I used part-skim mozzarella shredded cheese and corn tortillas. I always make an extra one because my preschooler walks in wanting some.
2. Slice up the avocado, salt and pepper to taste, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar (and/or olive oil, if you prefer)
3. Slice up the mango. Beautiful!
4. Sprinkle everything with red pepper flakes (they go great with mango, surprisingly)
Tip: You could always fill your quesadilla with the avocado and mango. It would be delicious.
Do you have a great, healthy meal? E-mail it to us so we can share!